Priya graduated in 2009 with a LLB degree before going on to complete a Masters in International Business and Commercial Law (LLM) at the University of Manchester. Upon completion of LLM, Priya started working with a city based firm in 2011.
In the last 6 years, Priya has gained experience by working in litigation, corporate immigration, contentious as well as non-contentious employment matters. Her recent experience includes:
- Assisted a UK based client in an appeal in the Court of Appeal over a partnership dispute;
- Assisted a UK based client in a dispute over partnership and shareholding of a restaurant business;
- Assisted clients in commercial disputes arising out of violation of contractual terms and non-payment of arrears;
- Assisted an off-shore client in franchisee dispute arising out of breach of the terms of the franchise agreement by its UK based franchisee;
- Assisted a UK based broadcasting channel in successfully defending a defamation claim against a trust.
- Assisted UK based scrap metal companies in dispute arising out of breach of contract ranging from quality claims to delayed shipment claims;
- Assisted a UK based scrap metal dealer in successfully defending a claim filed against it by a UK based company dealing in commodities and petro-chemicals for breach of contract and unjust enrichment.
- Drafting and vetting commercial contracts like Shareholders Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, IT sourcing contracts, Joint Venture Agreements, Supply Agreements, Franchisee Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Agreements for IT companies and etc.
- Assisted in due diligence in a transaction where a Mauritius based client was acquiring shares in a Norway based target company having subsidiaries in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisted in due diligence and sale of shares of Target Company based in Norway by a UK based seller to a Norway based buyer.
- Presently assisting in the due diligence of a UK based company
- Assisted an Indian conglomerate in the smooth completion of collective redundancy of 40 employees at a single UK establishment in the most cost-effective manner within a span of 90 days;
- Assisted a UK based financial institution in introducing, implementing and successfully executing a Voluntary Retirement Scheme for its staff in order to reduce its strength by 180 employees.
- Drafting and vetting Employment contracts (with special emphasis on restrictive covenants), Company Policies, Staff Handbooks, Confidentiality Agreements, settlement agreements and assisting in issues attracting TUPE regulations;
- Assisted a client in his ET claim of racial discrimination and unfair dismissal against a software company which was later settled favourably;
- Assisted a client in a complex ET claim for sex discrimination and constructive dismissal against a software company, which was settled favourably;
- Assisting corporate clients on contentious as well as non-contentious matters related to unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, statutory payments, unauthorised absence from work, redundancies and related employment issues.
- Assisting clients on Tier 2 ICT as well as Tier 2 General Applications;
- Assisting clients in incorporating adequate systems in place to ensure compliance with sponsorship duties and successfully filing their sponsor licence applications;
- Assisting clients in dealing with issues arising out of non-compliance with sponsorship duties including, penalties, notice of intention to downgrade and relates decisions further to a surprise visit.